Thursday, May 8, 2014

A Word from Your Pastor - May 4

Dear Parishioners:

This weekend we have celebrated the First Holy Communion for our Second Graders.  This moment is a good reminder for all of us concerning the precious gift of the Eucharist.  As we watch the joy of the First Communicants and their families, it is also a time for us to renew our own joy in the Gift by reflecting upon our Faith in the Real Presence of Jesus.

Here is a prayer to use after you receive Holy Communion:

My Lord, Jesus Christ, I firmly believe that I have received in Communion, Your Body,

Your Blood, Your Soul and Your Divinity. I believe it because You have said it, and I am

ready to give my life to maintain this truth.

If you or anyone you know are not able  Holy Communion – due to not being Catholic, not practicing your Faith regularly, or being conscious of serious sin, you may make a “Spiritual Communion.”  Here is a prayer you may us for this:

My Jesus, I believe that You are really present in the Most Blessed Sacrament.
I love You above all things, and I long to receive You into my soul.
Since I cannot now receive You sacramentally, come at least spiritually into my heart.
(Pause)
I embrace You as One Who has already come, and I unite myself entirely to You.
Never permit me to be separated from You
.

If you are not regularly receiving, consider approaching the Sacrament of Confession to renew your practice of the Faith.  You won’t regret it.  If you have family members or friends who are not practicing, tell them of the joy you see in our First Communion Class and invite them to come with you.  One way to grow in your love and hunger for the Eucharist is to spend time in the Eucharistic Presence, either in the Tabernacle, or in the Monstrance on the Altar as we have available throughout the day on Wednesdays.

As you know, also, a number of parishioners, along with Fr. Bill Faustner and me, are returning from our pilgrimage to Italy.  We look forward to sharing with you the graces of our journey to the tomb of St. Timothy and to Rome for the canonization of Pope Saint John XXIII and Pope Saint John Paul II.  May we all continue to grow in Faith and Holiness of life through their intercession.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment