Sunday, December 13, 2015

A Word from Your Pastor - December 13 Third Sunday of Advent

Dear Parishioners:

We are moving right along in Advent.  With the Third Sunday, we reach a moment of joy, the leap of the heart that tells us that we will soon arrive at our destination: celebration of the Birth of Jesus Christ.

The Year of Mercy has begun.  I invite everyone to open to the grace of this year in two ways: First, deepen your understanding of Mercy.  How do you define it?  What is Mercy in your experience?  Second, find a practical devotion that for you expresses your commitment to live the Jubilee Year of Mercy.

I understand Mercy to be God’s Love offered again once it has been rejected.  It is an offer of forgiveness that opens to a new beginning, creating a space for a deeper relationship with God and His Church.  One devotion that has captured my attention is Pope Francis’ devotion to Our Lady, Undoer or Untier of Knots.

As we discover together the meaning of the Jubilee Year of Mercy, let us strive to be merciful as our Heavenly Father is merciful.  Let us show a face of Joy that reveals the Love and Mercy of our God, so that others may come to find the Church to be a shelter in the storms of life.  Let us be ever more ready to follow the way of the Lord that leads us to Peace.



Prayer to Mary, Undoer of Knots

Dearest Holy Mother, Most Holy Mary, You undo the knots that suffocate your children, extend Your merciful hands to me. I entrust to You today this knot and all the negative consequences that it provokes in my life. I give You this knot that torments me and makes me unhappy and so impedes me from uniting myself to You and Your Son Jesus, my Savior.

I run to You, Mary, Undoer of Knots because I trust You and I know that You never despise a sinning child who comes to ask you for help. I believe that You can undo this knot because Jesus grants You everything. I believe that You want to undo this knot because you are my Mother. I believe that You will do this because you love me with eternal love.

Thank you, Dear Mother.  Mary, Undoer of Knots, pray for me. Amen.


No comments:

Post a Comment