Sunday, November 13, 2016

A Word from Your Pastor - November 13

Dear Parishioners:

This weekend we welcome Fr. Dave Sizemore to St. Timothy Church to speak on Alpha.  His parish at St. John Neumann in Sunbury has been a pioneer in the Diocese of Columbus in promoting activities and programs to deepen commitment to the New Evangelization and to Spiritual Life.  As you will discover, if you did not know this already, Fr. Dave is a dynamic young priest whose wisdom and enthusiasm are engaging.

I have known Fr. Dave since his College years and for a time served as his Vocations Director.  I have also had the chance to share “down time” with him as we continue to experience the wonderful fraternity of the priesthood.  He has a great sense of humor and a wit that won’t quit (even though sometimes you wish it would!). Recently, Fr. Dave traveled with a group that did the Camino de Santiago, the pilgrimage walk that travels through several nations in Europe.  He is always ready for adventure.  I am sure that in my absence you will be showing Fr. Dave a warm welcome. 

Just so you know that I am not playing this weekend: while Fr. Dave is here at St. Timothy, I will be at his parish of St. John Neumann to promote their program of Eucharistic Adoration.  I intend to ask for them to pray in a special way for our first experience of Alpha that will begin in January 2017.  I invite you also to accept this as a challenge to pray that the Holy Spirit will be at work among us to make us true disciples.  You may want to add Adoration of Jesus in the Blessed Sacrament to your own practice of devotion.  This takes place each Wednesday from the morning Mass until 6:30 p.m.


I will be away for a few days this week, spending some time with the Focolare priests of the United States.  As many of you know, the Focolare Movement promotes Unity among all people under the patronage of Mary.  I have found it a great support in my ministry and an encouragement to grow in the capacity to seek Unity in the life we share.  May we all be One!

No comments:

Post a Comment