Friday, February 17, 2017

A Word from Your Pastor February 19

Dear Parishioners:

This week I am returning from an extended time of vacation – the longest I have taken all at once.  Since the bulletin is going to press before my return, I am writing in anticipation of the return.  No doubt I will have lots of stories to tell, and maybe even a few pictures to share.  Every experience of travel is an adventure.  This trip has been my sharing in one of my ordination classmate, Fr. Jeff Rimelspach’s dreams for his “bucket list,” – that is, what he wanted to do before he “kicks the bucket.”   It is really a privilege to do something with someone who approaches it with zeal, as a dream.

Our entering into the life of Grace with Jesus through the Sacraments is just this kind of experience.  It is an adventure that takes us into places we never dreamed of going.  I opens to us new horizons and new ways of seeing the world around us.

Have you entered with enthusiasm and zeal into what God has offered you through your Baptism?  What are the signs in your approach to Faith that this is so?  How do you share it?  What “souvenirs” of the journey are reminders to you of the fun of it?  Who is with you on the journey?  What do you plan to do as the Lord Jesus shares His “bucket list” with you?

Next weekend, we will experience the celebration of the Sacrament of Confirmation with our 8th Grade class.  Please keep them in your prayers.  “Come, Holy Spirit” is the simplest prayer for the grace of this Sacrament.



No comments:

Post a Comment