Sunday, May 7, 2017

A Word from Your Pastor May 7




Dear Parishioners:

As the Easter Season moves along, we are invited to discover more and more the depth of meaning and the power of the Resurrection of Jesus.  The Risen Savior fills us with His own Spirit.  He invites us to share and live His own Divine Life.  He draws us into His way of existence.  On the Fourth Sunday of Easter, we meet Jesus as the Good Shepherd Who lays down His Life for His sheep.  We pray that we may hear His voice and respond to His call to serve.

Good Shepherd Sunday is also World Day of Prayer for Vocations.  On this day, I always remember my gratitude that the Lord called me to be a priest, letting me know very early in my life that this would be my call.  Often, I remind you, the people of St. Timothy Church, that you had a role in confirming that call when I experienced a summer internship here with Fr. Ted Thomas.  It was 34 years ago, the summer of 1983, when I was here; 33 years ago May 3rd, I was ordained a deacon.  My time with you told me that the Lord really did want me to serve him as a priest.  That makes all the difference.

I invite you to look around and discover who among us has the signs of a call from God to this special life of service.  Suggest the idea to them and tell them that you are praying for them to know God’s will in their lives.  Open your own heart to hear the call of the Good Shepherd and to discover and renew your own commitment to be a missionary and servant in the Church so that one day all people may hear His voice.


Please continue to keep me and all those in priesthood and religious life in your prayers.  Know that I hold you in my heart and pray for you as well.  May the Good Shepherd form us as a loyal flock Who follow Him wherever He leads.


No comments:

Post a Comment