Sunday, June 14, 2020

A Word from Your Pastor June 14 - Corpus Christi Post Exile Coronavirus Time

Dear Parishioners:

One month from today will be the time for the transfer of priests across the Diocese of Columbus.  July 14, 2020, we suggest you plan to stay off the major highways! 

It is hard for me to believe that we are coming to the time when I will be saying goodbye to St. Timothy Parish and to ministry in the City of Columbus.  Most of you have heard the news by now that my new assignment will be to serve as Pastor for a cluster of parishes in Chillicothe and Waverly, Ohio, in the southern portion of the Diocese of Columbus.

Two pastors are moving out and their parishes are being clustered together in the city of Chillicothe: St. Mary and St. Peter.  A third parish, Waverly St. Mary Queen of the Missions, is already associated with St. Peter parish.  This will be a new adventure for me in many ways.  I have been to this part of the diocese before but have never served there.  If you have traveled there, you know that it is a beautiful part of Ohio.

At the present time, my “daily routine” involves doing whatever is necessary here at St. Timothy and between events trying to begin the hassle of packing.  That is not an easy thing to do.  I have 35 years of priestly ministry under my belt and the collection of “stuff” that has come to me during this time is quite a bit.  The challenge for me not that I “own” so much; I really don’t.  It is, rather, that I have small trinkets and pictures and pages that remind me of the people I have come to know through the years.  A book, a picture, even at times a small scrap of paper with a note on it reminds me of a person or a situation that I encountered along the journey.  If you are a part of my life today, you remain in my heart forever.

I want you to know that I carry many things in my heart from these years at St. Timothy.  We have experienced so much during these years together.  As we celebrate the Solemnity of Corpus Christi, let me remind you that you are and will be with me forever whenever I celebrate the Eucharist.  Please continue to remember me when you are present at the Altar of the Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment