Wednesday, June 10, 2020

A Word from Your Pastor June 7 - Most Holy Trinity Post Exile Coronavirus Time


Dear Parishioners:



12 years ago, when I arrived at St. Timothy Church, the Parish Festival was in full swing.  My first weekend here, I celebrated 5 Masses and met everybody on the green.  That year, I started an annual custom of taking pictures at the Festival and sharing them by way of Shutterfly.  Many years, those pictures were used in order to bring to mind just how things had been set up the year before.  I was looking forward to being present for my 13th Festival the last weekend I will be at St. Timothy.



Just this past week, the Parish Finance Council made the formal decision to cancel this year’s Festival on the Green, just as everyone else has had to do.  That will mean that my final weekend, July 11-12, will be quiet on the green and I will miss seeing the annual miracle of cleanup.  It will also mean that the parish and school community will have to work twice as hard to come up with creative and safe ways to raise the $50,000 targeted by the Festival each year to keep the annual budget in the black.  I am confident that you will come together to fill in the gaps as you always have in the past.



If you want to see the past Festivals, you can still check out my collection of pictures on Shutterfly.  It is wonderful to see all the happy faces.  Make plans now to be present for Festival 2021 next July.



Here is the link for pictures of Festivals Past: https://sttimothyfestivals.shutterfly.com/


No comments:

Post a Comment