Monday, February 5, 2018

A Word from Your Pastor August 6 Feast of the Transfiguration

Arrivederci!  Until we meet again!  This weekend is my last time to be with St. Timothy Parish until my return at Thanksgiving.  I want to take the opportunity to thank you all for the privilege that is mine to be your shepherd.  My time away is meant to be a time of growth for all of us as we seek to discern God’s invitation to a deeper relationship with Him.

I have shared at the weekend Masses my unique relationship with God.  I want to put it in writing so you can reflect upon it and pray with me over these next several months that I may respond more profoundly to who God calls me to be.

I, Father Timothy Michael Joseph Hayes, accept the responsibility to stand in my ministry knowing God as the All-Loving Provider and Listener; I am to be a listening heart, as priest, in the midst of His Church and, by my life of prayer, to hear the cry of His Flock, to dispense His providing Love in Word and Sacrament and to shepherd His people, gathering their unique ministries unto Worship in Spirit and in Truth.

This is my “pearl of great price” and I share it with you in the hope that you too will look within to discover your own treasure. 


The Feast of the Transfiguration reminds us that we are all called to share in the Glorious Life of the Risen Christ.  May we continue to see His Glory and share it with the world.  I pray the you will Shine on the World like bright stars as disciples of the Good Shepherd who will follow where He leads.  Until we meet again!  Arrivederci, carissimi fratelli e sorelle!

No comments:

Post a Comment