Monday, February 5, 2018

A Word from Your Pastor December 17

Happy Advent!

The past couple of weeks the Sacrament of Reconciliation has been offered to our community and many priests have been with us to assist.  As we prepare the world around us for Christmas, we also ought to look inside.  I invite you to consider how you have responded to the prayer for the St. Timothy Community that we have been praying since St. Timothy’s feast day this year:

That faithful sharing in the Sacramental Life in the Church
may form all members of the St. Timothy Parish and School community
to be a clear witness of the truth of the Gospel
and of the power of the Spirit of Jesus
to bring light and healing to the world.

Have I shared faithfully in the Sacramental Life of the Church, taking advantage of all the sources of grace that God has provided for me and my family?

Have I made sure that my Catholic Faith is evident in my home, using sacramentals such as holy water, statues and pictures of Jesus, Mary and other holy patrons?

Have I participated in spiritual ways in the community of St. Timothy Parish and School, as well as in social and material ways?

Is my life a clear witness of the Gospel?  Do others come to know the truth about Who God Is by the way I live my life?  Am I truly centered on a life of Faith?

Do I respond to the impulses of the Holy Spirit, Who invites me to grow in Faith and in my relationship with God?

Do I show concern for others in need of healing?  Am I a reminder to others that God is a God of Mercy and Healing?

How do I work to bring others to Christ?  Am I engaged in the New Evangelization, seeking to make Christ known in the margins of society?

How am I living Advent?  Is my heart ready for the Coming of the Lord?


This weekend, we experience the Lord’s Mercy through the Sacrament of the Anointing of the Sick.  May healing abound as we continue to make ready the way of the Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment